Hi! I have what I believe is a simple question but I can't seem to figure out how to do it: I added the Mozilla browser to my computer because I'd heard it is more secure (and boy is it!) :eek: . However, now, I often cannot access some sites. Mozilla is set as my default browser and I don't know how to change it back to Internet Explorer. Can anyone tell me how to set Internet Explorer as my default browser? Thanks for all your help! :)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi! I have what I believe is a simple question but I can't seem to figure out how to do it: I added the Mozilla browser to my computer because I'd heard it is more secure (and boy is it!) :eek: . However, now, I often cannot access some sites. Mozilla is set as my default browser and I don't know how to change it back to Internet Explorer. Can anyone tell me how to set Internet Explorer as my default browser? Thanks for all your help! :)

need to know what OS you use ,but will say if it winxp go to control panel .add and remove programs /set axcess and defaults on the left panel !

No need for that, caperjack. Simply visit this page:

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/?os=Windows&application=mozilla

to download and install the ieView extension. After it is installed, you only need to right-click on a link and choose "Open Link Target in IE" and an Internet Explorer window will open with the required page loaded. In my view, that's an essentail extra for Mozilla and Firefox!

There's no need to set IE as the default browser again, and in fact it'd be rather silly to do so!

If, for some reason, a person insists on doing so then on the program tab in Internet Options, ensure that "Check to see if Internet Explorer is my default browser" is ticked, and the next time IE loads a prompt will enable you to make the change.

Buggered if I'd do that though!

Thanks to both of you, Caperjack and Catweazle! Caperjack, I now know where to find the add/delete programs and defaults, etc. Great, that will come in handy! Catweazle, I did, in fact, want to keep the security of Mozilla Firefox but, didn't think I had a choice. I was able to do as you said and, voila, I now have Mozilla w/ the option to open links in IE! Thanks again to both of you! I now see why filling in my profile (at least the OS) can come in handy. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.