a friend of mine was given a comp with windows xp on it and then they installed windows xp upgrade. how do I remove the upgrade or do I need to wipe the whole C drive clean as it is taking up a lot of memory and a lot of the programs are interferring with each other.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

IF an upgrade goes wrong, formatting the drive is probably the best thing to do. However, if you want to try and uninstall here is a site with instructions:
uninstall upgrades

Thank you I will try that and let you know.

The best thing to do is format and install the OS best suited for that computer .

I don't have the CD to reinstall Window's XP so how can I reformat? It is a Dell Computer.

Thanks in advance

I don't have the CD to reinstall Window's XP so how can I reformat? It is a Dell Computer.

Thanks in advance

i don't know were to start !you don't have a windows cd to reload ! ,so if you format you will have nothing ,you need to go out and buy winxp to be able to format and reload winxp! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.