Hi,

Thanks in advance to those who take time out to assist me.

I am having an issue with my PC that starts with a Rundll32 error. Most threads I've read regarding the Rundll32 error indicat most are caused by virus's. I doubt that this the case with this pc as it hasn't been connected to the internet in over a year. This is a older pc that is runing Win 98 that I use for older legacy programs. It has been rock solid up to now and has very few application programs actually loaded on it.

Today when I booted it up I received the "Enter Network Passwork" dialog box as usual but then an error dialog box poped up, "Rundll32" "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." When I click on close it then goes away and I can enter my Username and Password. However, once I do this the signin box goes away as expected but I receive a new error dialog box that says "Runonce" "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." When I click close my desktop appears but I get another error dialog box that says "Scanregw" "This program performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." When I click close I receive another "Rundll32" error, then a "Atiptaxx" error and then a "Ati2cwxx" error and then a Osa9 error and then a "Sltalink" error and then a "Systray" error. When I close this one, the error dialog boxes stop appearing and I can run my application programs with out noticable issues. Most of my programs communicate with PLC's via an interface board in my PCMCIA slot so I suspect that when I attempt to actually use them to communicate which I haven't done yet, I'll discover issues. I also noticed that when I attempt to click on any item on my control panel I receive the same "Rundll32" error. I also receive it when I attempt to Shutdown and when I click Close it just takes me back to my desktop and I have to hold to power button to shut it off.

Can any one help me with this problem?
Thanks again.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Did you try re-installing Windows? It will probably fix those problems.

Last post is in september 2010, you know:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.