Hi,

Just recently, I've had trouble with webpages not loading correctly. Some will not load at all, for example when I do a google search, a large percentage do not open. Others, like Yahoo.com, load with no background or pictures. The same problem occurs in both Firefox and IE.

I have a laptop running Windows XP, and the internet connection comes in via a wireless router. The problem is still there, though, if I use the computer wired directly to the modem, so I don't think there is a problem with the router.

I had someone look at a HijackThis file, and I ran Ewido, Adaware, and Spybot so I don't think there is any malicious spyware.

I connected this computer to the network on my college campus, and all websites opened properly on that network, so I don't think it's an ad blocker or Norton problem. I also don't think it is a problem with my internet at home, because I hooked up a second laptop to the same connection and everything loaded properly on that.

I'm completely baffled, and would appreciate any ideas at all that anyone may have. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm having the same problem. I can't access certain sites, when other computers can. I was just on another forum, then 5 minutes later I try to get back on it and the page wouldn't load :eek:

what web browser are you using

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.