I installed Firefox a few months ago but have continued to use IE for the most part. Today IE immediately shuts down saying it's encountered an error. It won't allow me to update my AVG or run any online scans using Firefox so I'm not sure what else to check. I ran Ad Aware and Spybot which were both clean. HELP! :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can just reinstall firefox without uninstalling it. It'll fix the problems while your data will remain safe.

You mean by reinstalling Firefox my IE browser will start working?

You mean by reinstalling Firefox my IE browser will start working?

Yeah I misunderstood your question. I thought you were talking about tirefox rather than IE. Sorry.

I would just try unistalling and reinstalling internet explorer. If you have data in internet explorer and don't want to loose (addons, plugins.....) you might not want to take a chance of loosing it by reinstalling. You could try what chrisbliss18 said:

Try one of these two guides to reinstall IE: How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP or Repair Internet Explorer 6.

Yesssssss! 50th post.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.