I am using Windows 7 home primium.The microsoft office 10 is built-in.But I can not install Microsoft Office 10-free version.It shows that- The set up can not find Pro Plus\Pro Plus.WW/cab.
Can any one say what is the problem?
Pleae help me.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Uninstall all trial or earlier versions of Office installed on the machine and try installing Office 2010,oh and i don't think there is such thing as a free version of office 2010 ,its likely just a trial version ,same as the one all ready pre install with
new computers .

CJ is correct in that MS Office needs to be purchased.

not only does it need to be purchased but once you do that you get a 'code' that has to be entered the first time you run the trial version. That converts the trial version to a full bought version.
If on the other hand you want a free 'office' software or even a much lower cost one there are plenty of options including Open Office.

I have just installed msoffice for a client in exactly the circumstances that you outline above and my response is what you have to do! If you need to uninstall the trial version use the control panel and uninstall .
good luck
M

Yes I have installed Office successfully.

I have installed a trial version. It has no time limits. But how is it possible?

If you have installed a trial version it does not always tell you it is trial version until the end of the trial period (usually 30 days but can be up to a year). At the end of that time it will pop up and say that the trial period is over and you need to buy!
If you uninstall and then try to reinstall the trial version it probably wont work!

It may be that this is now a solved thread?
M

I have installed a trial version. It has no time limits. But how is it possible?

where did you download the trial from .if from a torrent site then its likely a cracked trial version ,therefor illegal

where did you download the trial from .if from a torrent site then its likely a cracked trial version ,therefor illegal

But there is no crack file.
Is cracked version illegal?
Please reply.

Basically as I understand both legal and moral views is this:
There is free software that comes from the Open licence community such as Linux, open office etc. There is also free software that is supplied with lots of adverts that actually pay for it on your behalf! Microsoft generally charge for their software (including office) but do give away some software to genuine windows users eg Microsoft security essentials

Almost all other software has to be bought from a supplier and is usually either on a CD or downloaded and activated.
Any other software is likely to be either pirated or cracked. Software of this latter type does nothing for the good of computing as it tends to take away from the professionals who in the main try to make good software and a living!

Such software comes under the heading of theft since it usually actually belongs to someone and you buy a licence to use it. Hence it is likely to be illegal.

Sorry about the sermon but the reality is that you get what you pay for.
M

But there is no crack file.
Is cracked version illegal?
Please reply.

instead of playing 20 questions why not answer all the questions asked ,where did you download it from!????????????????????

not all hacked software come with a crack file ,some come with it already done for you,and yes cracked version is illegal

instead of playing 20 questions why not answer all the questions asked ,where did you download it from!????????????????????

not all hacked software come with a crack file ,some come with it already done for you,and yes cracked version is illegal

I myself did not download it. I got it from one of my friend. Does this can version harm my computer?
Please reply me.

You need to buy a legitimate license. We cannot help you if you have a pirate copy.

Yes, pirate copies can install virus' and worms on your PC.

You need to buy a legitimate license. We cannot help you if you have a pirate copy.

Yes, pirate copies can install virus' and worms on your PC.

I have bought an anti-virus.To buy all original software is very expensive for a student as mine. Is not anti-virus enough for preventing virus?

I am not talking about an AV license, but a license for Office 10.
Why pay for an AV to protect you for when you download a cracked copy of software, when you could install a FREE AV, just as good, and then pay for the other software.
Seeing how you have admitted to having a cracked version of Office 10 (in another thread), I am closing this thread.

Do not request any more assistance with your cracked software or you will receive keep it legal infractions.
First and only warning.

I myself did not download it. I got it from one of my friend. Does this can version harm my computer?
Please reply me.

Looks like you were not completely honest with us.

But the Microsoft office 10 was also built-in. When the time is expired I have uninstalled it and installed a cracked version.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.