My internet explorer on my HP Pavilion G series keeps restarting everytime I'm watching a video. First it says IE is not responding and it is searching for a solution then it restarts itself. I have no idea why ive ran a virus scan on my computer and nothing. but i did have a virus awhile ago that was not able to be removed it said 2/20/2012 Possible_Fake AVP response access denied its in i think my content.IE5 not sure how to remove it any tips for both problems?

happygeek commented: stop posting this everywhere -3

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Try installing firefox and see if you get the same problem.

It would also be a very good idea to work through the malware removal thread as chances are your lappy aint clean.

I am using an HP Pavillion g6 right now and I have to say I am underwhelmed with it. It has much higher hardware specs than my ageing Lenovo X61 but my X61 is far far quicker.

Try installing firefox and see if you get the same problem.

It would also be a very good idea to work through the malware removal thread as chances are your lappy aint clean.

I am using an HP Pavillion g6 right now and I have to say I am underwhelmed with it. It has much higher hardware specs than my ageing Lenovo X61 but my X61 is far far quicker.

Thanks firefox is great thanks for idea <3

I must admit that I think firefox is about a billion times better than IE.

If you want firefox to be even better, go here and follow the instructions exactly http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts

I know it's an old post but it works perfectly on the most up to date version of firefox. I use it on every single firefox install I do and I put it on every customers computer and not one has had a problem with it.

I must admit that I think firefox is about a billion times better than IE.

If you want firefox to be even better, go here and follow the instructions exactly http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1299854/posts

I know it's an old post but it works perfectly on the most up to date version of firefox. I use it on every single firefox install I do and I put it on every customers computer and not one has had a problem with it.

ok ill try it i was using google chrome put ended up with a virus on my computer still not sure how to remove or even what a possible_fake avp is my trend micro picked it up and wasnt able to remove it but since ive been using firefox i dont even get alot of browser cookies but firefox is slower than google chrome but im not worried about that i have patience lol

ok ill try it i was using google chrome put ended up with a virus on my computer still not sure how to remove or even what a possible_fake avp is my trend micro picked it up and wasnt able to remove it but since ive been using firefox i dont even get alot of browser cookies but firefox is slower than google chrome but im not worried about that i have patience lol

ok does that work if you tether your phone to laptop and using 3g sprint internet?

ok does that work if you tether your phone to laptop and using 3g sprint internet?

its firefox you are speeding up ,so its only makes firefox work faster ,not the 3g network

sounds like the video driver is having issues. i would check for an updated driver if its only happening when watching movies.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.