Hello,

I am after restoring a few computers with Vista on and I want to know for certain if I could restore them using a upgrade version of vista.

I am after booting from the upgrade disc and installing vista from scratch and using the key provided with the computer being restored.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you try it yet? The computer probably must have an installed version of Windows, that's why it's called "upgrade" afterall.

No I havent got it yet. I was after booting from the disc as opposed to upgrading from a running windows OS.

I've heard you can install a fresh version(any) from an upgrade disc by skipping product key entry, as I have the keys I can enter this later.

I'm not to interested in the upgrade itself but if the disc can be used to do a fresh install.

Thanks.

You have to enter product keys before it will install, can't do it later.

Hmm...

Okay then how about the full retail version?

Nevermind, found a workaround got the installation media for Vista and didnt cost me a penny. Can't complain, sure am glad I didnt go ahead and buy it.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.