Hi to all,

I am trying to connect 2 computers (maybe more in future) with a T-link hub and modem.
Unitil now I do:
- cable from 1st comp to modem;
- cable from modem to T-link;
- cable from 2rd comp to T-link;
- cable from printer to T-link;
- run network wizz and set up all.
I am able to run both comp on internet
Problem:
- I see desktop comp (1st) from 2rd comp but I cannot access any icons (are disabled - look like an unknown icon).
One comp (1st) has Win Xp Pro sp3 and another (2rd) has Win Xp Pro sp2 if that it is important. Both comp are Hp's with recovery disk'sand Windows firewall activated. 1st comp has Kaspersky AV installed, 2rd has Norton Symantec AV.
Now, can anybody help me to solve my problem?

Thank you in advance
A step by step tut will be awesome
Gabi

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This issue sounds like permissions have been tampered with...I suspect Norton's. A caveat, I don't know T-link and I'm not familiar with kaspersky, someone here may be. What I do know is that most times when there's a communication problem where part of the network is OK and one computer somewhere can't function, I find many times that Norton's is present.

Since I can't pin your problem down exactly, I can't give you my normal advice, however, that advice is to use the Norton's removal tool

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

that completely removes any trace of this suite from your system and see if your problem goes away after you reboot everything. If you want to run Norton's again, make sure you keep you Norton's key so you can reload it. But there's plenty of free AV out there that work and don't interfere with permissions.

Have you allowed File sharing on both machines? This may be causing you not to be able to access the folders and files.

permissions can be st how?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.