I have a wireless network setup at my house using MICROSOFT BROADBAND BASE STATION (Router) and Wireless USB adaptor.

Product Info

Im on the computer that uses the usb wireless pc adaptor (MN-510). I want my xbox in my room to connect to the internet. Since i don't have the base station (Router) in my room obviously i can't hook it up to the base station which is down stairs. I search around and also read on this site that you can do a shared internet connect or bridging.

(BACKTRACK ALITTLE HERE)
Since i'am using one of my USB port on my computer for my (USB WIRLESS ADAPTOR) i have a ethernet slot open where i can connect my xbox to my ethernet port using a cross over cable. but i can't get it to where it sharing internet. I'v tried ICS and bridging but i can't seem to config it properly.

Can anyone help, or has successfully shared connection on a wireless network.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have a wireless network setup at my house using MICROSOFT BROADBAND BASE STATION (Router) and Wireless USB adaptor.

Product Info

Im on the computer that uses the usb wireless pc adaptor (MN-510). I want my xbox in my room to connect to the internet. Since i don't have the base station (Router) in my room obviously i can't hook it up to the base station which is down stairs. I search around and also read on this site that you can do a shared internet connect or bridging.

(BACKTRACK ALITTLE HERE)
Since i'am using one of my USB port on my computer for my (USB WIRLESS ADAPTOR) i have a ethernet slot open where i can connect my xbox to my ethernet port using a cross over cable. but i can't get it to where it sharing internet. I'v tried ICS and bridging but i can't seem to config it properly.

Can anyone help, or has successfully shared connection on a wireless network.

1. Bridge your wireless and LAN connections together.
2. On the XBOX manually set the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway. Make sure the IP address is within the range the router is assigning and also not in use by any other computer on the network. Use the same Subnet mask and Default gateway settings that are on your PC's
3. On the XBOX manually set the DNS servers. These are the same as they are on your PC's as well.

1. Bridge your wireless and LAN connections together.
2. On the XBOX manually set the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway. Make sure the IP address is within the range the router is assigning and also not in use by any other computer on the network. Use the same Subnet mask and Default gateway settings that are on your PC's
3. On the XBOX manually set the DNS servers. These are the same as they are on your PC's as well.

But when i bridge it, my WIRELESS CONNECTION where i connect to the base station and then to the internet..will go blank i will look at the status of it and it will display <UNAVAILABLE> IP <UNAVAILABLE> SUBMASK <UNAVAILABLE> GATEWAY <UNAVAILABLE>

Yea I'm having the same exact problem!

Yea I'm having the same exact problem!

Hi Anonymoose,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk!

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

Alright, I think I know the problem. On the LAN card does it say you cant use 192.168.0.1?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.