Hello,

I am student of BSIT in BZ University Multan, Pakistan...

I've a question, Actually I don't have but a student in the class asked a question & Teacher Gave the Answer which is not acceptable by me... Just wanted to confirm ...

ok

Here is the scenario...
in the hostel of my university there is Wifi Implemented, Student is trying to use Torrent on his PC but he can't download any thing ... But when he connects his cell phone with the same wifi network and download torrent files in his cell phone he can download files ...

Question was that, why it is so that same network is allowing to access torrents on cell phone & not on PC ...

Here is the answer of teacher, which I 99% don't accept...
There might be GSM/GPRS network embedded in the wifi, that is allowing user to use torrent on mobile ...

Is that possible? How it is possible ? He is connecting to Wireless LAN, Not with GPRS ...

What I think is that there might only be firewall on PC...

Just wanted to clear ...

If theres a firewall its going to be on the network gateway which means any device connected to that network must go through the firewall. It makes no sense that the cell phone is able to do this, but it is possible that you have a firewall set up on your computer and you just haven't allowed the port for torrenting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.