I know this has been talked about somewhere but I've been searching for a solution to no avail.

For some reason, my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G v1.1 model) refuses to connect to the Google homepage or any other Google-related service. I have no problems accessing any other website but I keep getting the same "This page cannot be displayed" messege every time I try accessing anything related to Google.

The same occurs with my laptop and on both computers, IE6 and Firefox is used. In both cases, they still won't connect to Google through the router. However, when I connect to my university's VPN, then the Google pages are accessible and nothing seems wrong. Also, I tried unplugging my desktop from the router and connecting it directly to my cable modem and everything works fine as well. This problem only seems to occur when conneted to the router.

However, I seem to be able to access Google with the router when I use Google's IP address (216.239.39.99) whereas using it's URL doesn't work.

At first, I thought it was a virus but there's no indication that either of the computers are infected with one (the anti-viral scans came up with nothing). Originally, I thought it was a problem with the router settings but after resetting the router to it's original manufacture settings, nothing has changed.

It may not be the fault of the router itself but everything mentionned above does suggest otherwise.

Also, it was all working fine about 24 hours ago.

Any suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.