hi there i recently bought a linksys wrt54g broadband router i have cable ntl now i set every thing up, switched on i can the internet on both computers but i can not get the computers to see each other i have tried every thing i have bought 2 books on wirelee networks but just canot get the 2 computers to see each other any one any thoughts:lol:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

firewall?

What do you mean they can't "see each other" ? Can they ping each other? What operating systems are you using on the 2 machines? What kind of inter-connectivity would you like? eg File sharing?

i run xp on both computers and both can go on the internet via the router which is a wireless linksys wrt54g but when i set the net work up computer 1 can not see the other i have done the wireless network set up but its like its not there any help would be great

sorry all i want is to share files and the printer

To share files and printers go network places and on the toolbar on the left click "set up a home or small office network" (house icon)

are you in the same workgroup? that could be it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.