Can someone please tell me the differences between computer science and computer engineering, areas which one is more advantageous than the other??

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Computer engineering deals more with the hardware aspect of computers, Computer science goes deeper into software development.
pick whichever u like the most, none of them is better than the other.

pick whichever u like the most, none of them is better than the other.

This depends on the school you are attending and/or who you ask :cheesy: . I know my school has a very good engineering program, however deals next to nothing with actual programming. Comp. Sci. on the other hand, is also very good and has a lot to do with programming and also requires us to take CPE courses as well to get the hardware aspect of computers.

Regards,

Tyler S. Breton

Computer science and software development should not be construed as the same thing. Software development deals with a process of designing and implementing a program, whereas computer science deals more with how computers work and how they can be made more efficient (this includes how to use them more efficiently). Computer science has largely been misconstrued as software development because so many people with CS degrees end up developing.

I agree, however the degree I am specifically attaining is Comp. Sci. with a concentration in Software Development. At my school you have no other option other than IT.

Regards,

Tyler S. Breton

and that would be a waste, if u have the brains to be CS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.