Hi, Im only used to basic sql queries. wonder if anyone can help with the below - or at least get me pointing in the direction of the correct resource to solve.

I have a table, with fields a,b,c,d,e,f

I need to run a query that shows from the above table all matches to 3 conditions in this order..

display if a = condition1 and b = condition2 and e is less than or equal to the value in e

my problem is whilst Im able to write these queries seperate, Im struggling to write the query as one without getting errors.

Can anyone help - either suggest how the query should look, or point me to some resource.. many thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

what have you tried? The logical query would be where a = condition1 and b = condition2 and e <= something but since we don't know what condition1 and condition2 are we can't give much more help. So post your actual code if you want better help.

</form>

<?php

$condition1 = @$_GET['cond1'] ;
$condition2 = @$_GET['cond2'] ;
$condition3 = @$_GET[#cond3'] ;

mysql_connect("dbhost","dbuser","dbpass") or die("Unable to connect to server");; 
mysql_select_db("dbname") or die("Unable to select database"); 

$query = SELECT *, from paintings where artist = condition1 and period = condition2 and  value <= condition3 ;

$numresults=mysql_query($query);
 $numrows=mysql_num_rows($numresults);

if ($numrows == 0)
  {
  echo "<p>Sorry, nothing found that matches your request etc</p>";

Hi, thanks for that - I think Ive posted this correct

Ive added what you suggested how I think it should be written.. it seems awfully short yet sensible - can you confirm you think I have written it correctly.. after the huge number of errors my last attempt got, I thought Id check Im understanding you prior to trying it again.

Thanks again. Especially for the quick response..

could you please tell me if i can have around 10 conditions in a singel query

could you please tell if i can havea round 10 conditions in a single query
i want to create a multi condition search script

$condition1 = @$_GET['cond1'] ;
$condition2 = @$_GET['cond2'] ;
$condition3 = @$_GET['cond3'] ;

mysql_connect("dbhost","dbuser","dbpass") or die("Unable to connect to server");
mysql_select_db("dbname") or die("Unable to select database"); 

$query = sprintf("	select * 
				from paintings 
				where artist = '%s' 
				and period = '%s' 
				and  value <= '%s' "
				, mysql_real_escape_string($condition1)
				, mysql_real_escape_string($condition2)
				, mysql_real_escape_string($condition3)
			); 

$result = mysql_query($query);

Should look somehting more like that. Not used php for ages so it may not be work but I think you need a book and learn the basics of SQL and PHP before putting them together

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.