Hello and Hi,

can you help me please, i am newer in the mobile development. i want to learn in this mobile development in using the wireless toolkit.the problem is that i don't know how to use it,and what ide should i use this in making the application?please help me thank you in avdvance hoping for your positive response.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You need to download either Java ME SDK 3.0 or WTK 2.5.2 from Oracle or you can use any of custom WTKs provided by mobile manufacturers as linked here.
For usage you can either create project with help of WTK or you can choose to use your favourite IDE. When using IDE you just have to add SDK to IDE.

• IntelliJ IDEA - File > Project Structure > Platform Settings > SDKs > press "+" (plus) sign over second column for "Add Mobile SDK" > navigate to the location of WTK. Then when you create new project select mobile project and do not forgot to check that WTK is selected
  • NetBeans - Tools > Java Platforms > Add Platform > navigate to the location of WTK
  • Eclipse - Don't know. I didn't use it for long time, but process will be similar to other 2 IDEs

You need to download either Java ME SDK 3.0 or WTK 2.5.2 from Oracle or you can use any of custom WTKs provided by mobile manufacturers as linked here.
For usage you can either create project with help of WTK or you can choose to use your favourite IDE. When using IDE you just have to add SDK to IDE.

• IntelliJ IDEA - File > Project Structure > Platform Settings > SDKs > press "+" (plus) sign over second column for "Add Mobile SDK" > navigate to the location of WTK. Then when you create new project select mobile project and do not forgot to check that WTK is selected
  • NetBeans - Tools > Java Platforms > Add Platform > navigate to the location of WTK
  • Eclipse - Don't know. I didn't use it for long time, but process will be similar to other 2 IDEs

Hello sir thank you for the reply, is it also possible in jcreator sir?if it's can you help me how to add the sdk.Thank you in advance hoping for your positive response.

Hello sir thank you for the reply, is it also possible in jcreator sir?if it's can you help me how to add the sdk.Thank you in advance hoping for your positive response.

Only if you use it to write code. You better of with one of above mentioned IDEs as their have plugins available to help you with building process (some may have some other extra stuff). Consider it as moving up the ladder, time for industry IDE instead of simple student one ;)

PS: I been in similar position few years back at university. I used JCreator too, but there are many things that this IDE doesn't provide. Play around with all of them and see which does feel more natural/friendlier to you

Only if you use it to write code. You better of with one of above mentioned IDEs as their have plugins available to help you with building process (some may have some other extra stuff). Consider it as moving up the ladder, time for industry IDE instead of simple student one ;)

PS: I been in similar position few years back at university. I used JCreator too, but there are many things that this IDE doesn't provide. Play around with all of them and see which does feel more natural/friendlier to you

hello sir thank you for the reply,okay i will download this sir.and i will write again if i have doubt.i will choose the netbeans i think this is nice...more power to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.