Hi guys,

Having difficulty as to how to achieve the following

Have a database with a table with a list of items and their prices

now what i am thinking of doing is to be able to take orders using a datagrid and the datagrid would allow me to enter a item no and it will show its description and prices , then i am able to enter how much i want and it will show total costs etc.....

I am thinking to do this I would need to create a datagrid that only the first two columns are bound to the database? however if thats the case , then i am unable to change anything in the description ??.... as to how to do the calculation an i am still stumped... as these all have to happen inside datagrid with TAB key as the only button . I have looked into making the TAB key as a lostfocus event?

At first I was retrieving data from the database and parsing it into textboxes and then displaying it onto the datagrid separately, however this would be troublesome if i need to go ahead and make changes to the results i have previously...

Wonder if anyone can help me with this

A sample app of what Im thinking is

Item NO ----- Item Description----Unit Price-------QTY------Total Price
123 ------------- Chairs---------------4.50----------2----------- 9.00

U want to pick only Item Description----Unit Price from the Db rite,Rest u wnat to enter urself....Rite? Rep so dat i can reply further!

U want to pick only Item Description----Unit Price from the Db rite,Rest u wnat to enter urself....Rite? Rep so dat i can reply further!

i am thinking that entering an item number in the datagrid it will retrieve the item description and Unit price for that item number, at the moment i am still retrieving the whole database... dont know how i can do this inside the datagrid by pressing tab without pressing any buttons

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.