I've searched, but can't even find what to call this. Any links or code would help a ton. I want 8 main items to appear from a side-menu with 4 sub-items branching out to their right when clicked. As any sub-item is clicked, I'd like for 4 items below that to appear in an accordion-style fashion. The entire thing should never get any larger than 8x2.

Does this make sense? What am I looking for here? Thanks for any help you're able to provide.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you use any CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap? They typically include this functionality built into their javascript. Usually it’s called either a tree or an accordion, if I’m understanding you correctly.

I’m assuming you’re looking for something similar to what we have if you click the hamburger icon (three bars) to the left of our logo, and then drill down into one of the categories there in the navigation.

commented: That's exactly what I'm looking for. The 3 lines, but then an accordion. I've found a few, but they aren't multi level. I think it might be impossible +4

I've created a page here: https://limitlesshoops.com/app.html that is what I want except it's missing an extra level within the accordion. I read somewhere that multi-level accordions aren't possible within a burger menu --- Is there any truth to that? But yeah, any help would be great. Thanks for everything.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.