Hi everyone, I hope im posting in the right section.

I'm desperate searching for an algorithm which tells me the similarity between two java codes. Some kind of anti-plagiarizer. The algorithm I found were mostly written in languages like C# .. I'm trying to write it in PHP, even though I'm still quite unexperienced. But I really want to be able to use a working PHP code which can do that, self written or open source.

The thing about writing it myself based on existing algorithm is, that I haven't found any good algorithms yet which I could implement..

The open source which I found are kinda hard or maybe even impossible for me to convert into a usable PHP code, since they are written in languages I have no idea of.

If anyone has any hints, advices about algorithm or maybe exisiting open source algorithm, which are implemented/implementable in PHP, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for reading this.

You mean something like this:
http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2365.html

You can start of with this, and then make it better. If you are looking to compare only java code files, then you can add some specific functionality, e.g. searching for function definitions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.