So I have a default installation of WAMP on my computer (it is turned to online) and I can't access it on LAN. I tried installing it on another computer and it worked fine, so it isn't anything to do with my router. I am completely stumped as to what my be wrong, is anyone able to give me any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Perhaps your firewall?

So are you saying that you cannot access the resource from within your LAN? Can you get to it from a remote network?

If this resource is within your LAN using a private IP behind your router's public IP address, it is common for consumer based routers not to be able to access a NAT'd IP from within the local area network.

When you are within your network are you accessing this resource using the public IP or private IP?

Im using the internal ip. I dont think it is to do with trhe router because it worked fine on the other computer.

I added an exception into my firewall (and even disabled it at one point) and it still wasnt working.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.