Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

And the point of that is...

i dont get it y post that it makes no sence ?

I guess we'll wait until he modifies his post or explains why he put it up. The only reason why I would imagine he would is to display the negative connotation of the word "geek" and "lounge" but the definitions are not all negative.

I think that the reason for the post was to tell us that we are all people who are single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept in a public waiting room, as in a hotel or an air terminal, often having smoking or lavatory facilities.

I never understood how the word "nerd" or "geek" was offensive. Even if you bury yourself in books, are a computer genius, have greasy hair, you can be an athletic demon with stunning good lucks and the nicest person in the world.

True. I was always one to always be home on Saturday night and work on computers rather than go out and get drunk as a skunk. I mean, when a person is in Middle school, yeahm being called a 'geek' or 'nerd' can hurt, but come time for HS, they could care less. I was told in college by a very smart(@$$) man that:

"YOU HAVE ALL COME HERE, NOT TO LEARN, BUT TO BE CALLED A GEEK. BY THE TIME YOU LEAVE HERE, YOU WILL TAKE PRIDE IN BEING CALLED A GEEK BECAUSE YOU CAN LOOK AT THE, IN THE FACE AND SAY 'YEAH, I'M-A GEEK, BUT YOU ARE CRUNCHY AND GOOD WITH KETCHUP!'" or something like that.

i need help

wow

>i need help
Yes. Yes, you do.

i need help

counjure up a 4-year-old thread then post some irrelevant crap -- yes you do need help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.