Currently I am a CS student but am thinking about switching to CIS. Honestly, I don't want to be a programmer. I am grateful to learn the concepts, and (sometimes) enjoy the challenge. But I can't see myself doing it day in and day out. CIS aligns more with my interests.....buuut....CS looks much better on a resume, or so I have been told. Has anyone done well with a CIS degree? Work with people with CIS degrees? Any thoughts on this?

TIA,
Terri

I am looking to go to university next year and know lots of prople who work in IT

CIS is a perfectly acceptable qualification here for non-coding jobs (in fact, CIS is looked on better by some employers than CS as it teacfhes you business skills, not just tech skills)

Most companies dont care about the degree too much apart from to seperate the "wheat from the chaff" so to speak. employability is mainly down to experience.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.