Hi, is there a good .ISO burner I can download? I have a CD, just need to burn a .ISO to it.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Depends upon the OS. I use Brasero or K3b on Linux. On Windows I use Alcohol 120%, but that I paid for - fewest "coasters" of all I've worked with on Windows. I've had no problems with Brasero or K3b on Linux, but I think they both use mkisofs (genisoimage) or growisofs under the covers, but like all burners, one is advised to record at somewhat slower speed than the maximum that the disc is advertised as capable. IE: for an 8x DVD, record at 4x to 6x for better reliability.

If it's for Windows, I'd use InfraRecorder. You can find a link to it on (of all places) the Ubuntu web site.

BurnAware. Love it.

I use CDBurnerXP

i use alcohol 120

So do I, when I have to burn on Windows. Normally I am running Linux so I use the various tools there, such as Brasero or K3b, which use the command-line tools underneath.

I use windows 7 built in app for burning ISO, it is very, its jst click the image and click burn, its cool.

commented: Unclear. +0

Love PowerISO. Used it for 3 years and counting without a hitch.

I use windows 7 built in app for burning ISO, it is very, its jst click the image and click burn, its cool.

Hi, do you mind sharing what software this is? Haven't heard of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.