I apologize if I'm not in the correct forum for this question, but here goes: can someone tell me how I can post to a blog? Do I need a URL in order to post? I started to register for one blog to post my comments but stopped when the registration form asked me to provide a URL. I don't have one. This is my first time dealing with blogs and I need a little information to make it easier. Thanks to anyone who can offer some tips.

janda5

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Which blogging system are you trying to use?

Which blogging system are you trying to use?

I am very new to blogging and have no idea what a blogging system is. Sorry. How could I find out which blogging system I'm trying to use? Maybe posting to a blog is just too complicated for a newbie like myself.
Any suggestions? If not, thanks anyway.

janda5:rolleyes:

Well, if something asked you for a URL during registration one assumes you were to trying to register somewhere, and that somewhere would be the blogging system. Blogger, TypePad, hey even DaniWeb!

If you wanted to start a technology related blog then doing so here at DaniWeb is really easy. But we don't allow fluffy, non-tech related, own-site promoting type blogs here - they have to have some relevance to the DaniWeb membership.

Hello,

I suspect you're using Blogger (but correct me if I'm wrong). In that case, the URL refers to the URL that people will type into their browser to view your blog. Type in anything you want; it'll be *.blogspot.com, and as long as the name isn't already taken, you can have it. Click the "Check Availability" button to make sure that the name isn't already taken.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.