Hi,

I am a management professional, working a marketing co-ordinator.

I was always facinated by the field of IT, so now i wish to make a career shift.

I wish to make a career as a software professional. Friends, kindly guide me on how to start? Which courses to join? etc.

Please guide me on the scope, growth of this field, whether me being from a management background is it advisable? etc.....

Since I have no prior experience will it affect my entry in the field of IT company.

Thanks,

IT has become extremly competative field, so the more education you have the better. Suggest you get a bachelors degree in computer science or some related field. If you don't have that there will be many doors slammed in your face.

I was always facinated by the field of IT, so now i wish to make a career shift.

I wish to make a career as a software professional. Friends, kindly guide me on how to start? Which courses to join? etc.

I would look into some night courses initially -- intro to programming, intro to C/C++. If you like it then, look into an associate's degree.

>whether me being from a management background is it advisable?
Lessons learned from management will be very beneficial as a software developer. Actually, that can easily be a selling point for you because a lot of developers looking for jobs are a little weak on the social skills that you should be comfortable with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.