Well i hae been lookin' at some motherboards for the desktop i'm tryin' to build for me and my parents. My friend said should use a 2.5 GHz motherboard, but when i look at all the motherboards online, i see other stuff like sockets..... I'm so confused about that stuff.
Can you guys suggeston a motherboard.
The main use for the desktop is for PhotoShop CS2, dad's Bernina Embrodiary software, and music, and burnin' DVD's.
Any suggestion would help, links to the specific motherboard you are suggestin' would help even more.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

The socket with its number of pins is related to the CPU, example...Athlon's 64 3200+ CPU is a socket 939 which operates at 2.0GHz.

How much do want to spend on this computer, and what parts do you have, monitor, keyboard, mouse,etc?

The socket with its number of pins is related to the CPU, example...Athlon's 64 3200+ CPU is a socket 939 which operates at 2.0GHz.

How much do want to spend on this computer, and what parts do you have, monitor, keyboard, mouse,etc?

Yeah i'm still confused about teh socket thing.... guess i'll have to read up on it.

Um, nothin' yet, buildin' from sratch.

are you american or british?

here in the UK i baught a barebones bundle off of www.novatech.com - comes with PSU, CPU, RAM, Case and motherboard all assembled. You just add your own cards, disk drives and OS

are you american or british?

here in the UK i baught a barebones bundle off of www.novatech.com - comes with PSU, CPU, RAM, Case and motherboard all assembled. You just add your own cards, disk drives and OS

I'm in the U.S. of A.

Yeah i'm still confused about teh socket thing.... guess i'll have to read up on it.

Um, nothin' yet, buildin' from sratch.

How much do you want to spend on this?

How much do you want to spend on this?

Not quite sure..... :confused:

There are two things that you need to take into consideration when planning to build a computer, what are you going to use it for, and what kind of budget do you have?

If you can answer that people here can make suggestions to help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.