Each time I close Firefox and restart it, the setting for excepting cookies is "unchecked". On the Privacy tab in the Options menu, I have selected "accept cookies from sites", "until the expire". When I restart the browser, the 'accept cookies from sites" is unchecked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the browser and this makes no difference. I am running Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Vista.

Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Check the Windows settings for this in IE.

I changed the cookie settings in IE but this did not fix the issue. Thanks for the suggestion but that did not seem to make any difference.

Even i am facing this problem and even after changing the settings the problem remains , it is solved only after restarting the system but soon or later this problem crops up again.

I posted the same question in another forum and received an answer that solved the issue. I deleted the prefs.js file. I had to "rebuild" my preferences but it solved the cookie issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.