When you install some program, then uninstall it and then install it again it shows that it remembered that it was already installed on your computer.

Obviously it stored some information regarding its history on your computer.
The question is where and in what form?

(my first guess is that it is stored somewhere in the system registry, but I would like to know more...)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

cracking a time bound trialware?

cracking a time bound trialware?

Just curiois.

yes that info is usually in the registry ,not so much what it put there, as it is what it didn't remove when it was unistalled !
you can go to regedit ,and do a search for said program and delete all found ,but beware regedit is dangerous place when deleting .

yes that info is usually in the registry ,not so much what it put there, as it is what it didn't remove when it was unistalled !
you can go to regedit ,and do a search for said program and delete all found ,but beware regedit is dangerous place when deleting .

Can it be recognized?

It leaves entries behind. You can remove the enetries it using this software

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

its handy as some stuipd MS programs wont install if you previously had the beta installed

Can it be recognized?

i don't under stand the question ,sorry, please explain

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.