ok, maybe I have posted this topic before but I failed in describing the problem. Im very bad in explaining stuff but I really work hard on this one.
My monitor is making me crazy. Just recently, it took me 3hrs and 30 mins to see something in it. Yes, 3 long hrs. I attempted on bashing my computer with a hammer. I'll just explain my monitor problem now since my speaker problem is bearable.
Here is the problem.
When I turn my computer on, I don't see anything. The monitor light (the one beside the on/off button) is ok, its color is yellow. The screen is just like it's off (all black). I don't even see the menus on adjusting the monitor when I press the button (adjust bright/contrast, hv size, etc). I don't touch the on/off button until I reach the desktop. When I do reach desktop (I would know because of the sounds), I will turn my computer off then turn it on again. Sometimes, one try, the monitor will show some outputs; sometimes, it will take me six tries; sometimes, it will take me countless tries; just like recently, it took me 3hrs and 30 minutes.

My screen resolution is 1152 by 864 pixels.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,

Have you used the monitor on the other PC or laptop to try?

Try power off the PC and open teh PC case, then swap the RAM in different RAM slot, also unplug the VGA card and put it back.

Power on the PC again and hope you can get the monitor to display.

Seem to me, this may not your monitor problem since you can get the display sometimes.
This may due to the onboard semi faulty device as well.

Hope this works!
Bill
Manager(tech)
www.pctestcard.com

Well for me i would check for another monitor.Hope that help, swap between monitors and graphic card

if it doesn't work when connected to another computer ,its weird I know but monitors do fail,that's when we have to buy a new one

thanks pctestcard, I'll try that.

I haven't opened the monitor yet since Im not ready. I'll just have to wait til saturday when my friend will come.

I noticed two things.

Its easier to make the monitor work when the computer hasn't reach desktop yet. Time spent on pressing the monitor on and off is far lesser than when the computer reaches desktop. Though I can't use it to my advantage because after windows loading screen, the monitor will turn off.

When I turn the monitor on and it won't work, lights will appear on the sides of the screen. The light is like when you wield something in the wielding machine. The sound coming from the light is also like the sound of wielding, only lighter.

When I turn the monitor on and it won't work, lights will appear on the sides of the screen. The light is like when you wield something in the wielding machine. The sound coming from the light is also like the sound of wielding, only lighter.

now I'm no expert ,i have only been playing with an working on computers since 1997, but i would not plug that monitor into my computer or into any wall outlet in my house .I would take it a throw it in the recycle depot

now I'm no expert ,i have only been playing with an working on computers since 1997, but i would not plug that monitor into my computer or into any wall outlet in my house .I would take it a throw it in the recycle depot

I think you may have saved some lives here with this honest and accurate advise. The original poster should do exactly as you suggest here.

I think you may have saved some lives here with this honest and accurate advise. The original poster should do exactly as you suggest here.

thank you ,i really would not fool anymore with this monitor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.