That's right, http:///, 3 of those slashes. Any web address that you type in goes to page http:///

I have checked ie options/properties, told it to reset to default although I did not see anything weird. Anyone know how to fix this? The page seems to load originally (for example if I type msn.com, it will begin to load the page) then at the last second go to this http:///

Any ideas for help? Hubby is a school teacher and he is off for the week and going crazy without internet :) I have gone to microsoft help and did not see anything... the computer runs on windows ME

I ran adaware with latest update. I always use the online Trend Micro virus scan which I cannot get to now bc the page won't load. I don't have any other virus protection.

I don't know how to get any other browser on my computer without going to a page and downloading it... I"m on my work computer now, so I suppose I could download something here and execute the program at home?

someone else told me to reinstall ie however if I download ie from another computer and install it on my home computer, it won't be correct, is that right? From what I understand it downloads specific to your computer? NOt sure if I know exactly where the original computer disks are, but I better start looking if that is the only way to reinstall...

Hopefully I have given enough info. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

sounds like your computer isn't even online at all...Internet Explorer would have nothing to do with it.

First though, we'll need to know what Operating System you run...windows 98, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows Me, Windows 2000...whatever.

Then we'll need to know if you use dialup (netzero, aol, etc), DSL, or Cable. After we find out that info, then an answer will be easier to come by.

Hope to hear from you soon..:cheesy:

TKS

sounds like your computer isn't even online at all...Internet Explorer would have nothing to do with it.

First though, we'll need to know what Operating System you run...windows 98, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows Me, Windows 2000...whatever.

Then we'll need to know if you use dialup (netzero, aol, etc), DSL, or Cable. After we find out that info, then an answer will be easier to come by.

Hope to hear from you soon..:cheesy:

TKS

HI guys, nope- the computer was definitely online, just IE was loading a preset page... I don't know. I did a system restore, then was able to do a virus scan. (Ick- found 45 .exe trojan horse infected files) Problem solved.

Teach a man to fish and he will always be able to eat :) glad I was able to fix this one myself. I"ll be back with more problems I'm sure.

On Windows ME and above don't forget about that System Restore, it can really save your butt!!!

commented: Solving problems oneself is always a plus! :) +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.