howdy all. I have just started playing with a new lappie loaded with windows XP home and have been having trouble trying to set up my default view when I open a folder as thumbnails. The system always seems to want to open files in icon view unless they are located in the My Pictures folder(then they are opened in a filmstrip). I work with mostly digital images and this is annoying. Also is there any way to open multiple window and fax viewer windows so that you can compare two photos side-by-side? Thanks for any help on this one!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I can make a suggestion for thumbnail views, but I don't know if there is any way to view multiple 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' windows.

First, open a window containing some folders. In the top Menu Bar, click on the View tab, and choose Thumbnails.

Then click on the Tools tab, and Folder Options. Once there, click on the View tab; near the top will be a button that says 'Apply to All Folders'; click on that button, and then click on OK, and now all your folders should open with Thumbnail views.

Also is there any way to open multiple window and fax viewer windows so that you can compare two photos side-by-side? Thanks for any help on this one!

this is not fax viewer but the windows photo viewer .same program allmost me thinks
you can open the same photo twice in the viewer and use the maximise button [the one i have circled in red in the attached file ,]on both images after opening and you should be able to resize a little with you mouse ,by dragging the sides of the photo .to see both pictures

I can make a suggestion for thumbnail views, but I don't know if there is any way to view multiple 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' windows.

First, open a window containing some folders. In the top Menu Bar, click on the View tab, and choose Thumbnails.

Then click on the Tools tab, and Folder Options. Once there, click on the View tab; near the top will be a button that says 'Apply to All Folders'; click on, and then click on OK, and now all your folders should open with Thumbnail views.

It worked!!!!- Thanks so much. I cannot tell you what a difference it makes and what a timesaver. Again, thanks for taking the time to figure out my problem and respond so quickly.

this is not fax viewer but the windows photo viewer .same program allmost me thinks
you can open the same photo twice in the viewer and use the maximise button [the one i have circled in red in the attached file ,]on both images after opening and you should be able to resize a little with you mouse ,by dragging the sides of the photo .to see both pictures

Caperjack,
Unfortunately this program will not allow me to have multiple windows open. This seems odd as most programs allows for multiple window viewing. Do you have any other suggestions that I might try. You see, I need to be able to show 'Before' and 'After' photos side-by-side and I can't at present. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks again.

I need to be able to show 'Before' and 'After' photos side-by-side and I can't at present. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

If you just want to show two (or more) pictures side-by-side, you can use Paint for that; you can have as many Paint windows open as you like.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.