Just open the folder using WINRAR software.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

A folder locked with folder lock can be unlocked without the password.You just need to rename the locked folder and the lock ceases to exist.

A folder locked with folder lock can be unlocked without the password.You just need to rename the locked folder and the lock ceases to exist.

How to rename the locked folder with out opening it..?

How to rename the locked folder with out opening it..?

LolZZzzzz
What do i say ...... bruv just click once on the folder and press F2 ..... THERE U GO !!!!

Hi there

Sori but i can't seem to understand what you guys talking about...

Better Than Yesterday

If the Folder is locked ..

What you can do with It...

You are not able to delete it..

If a wise guy has done a setup the he knows the settings he will make it stealth..
Its not possible to rename of delete either..

So ???

hi guys i did what all you sid about but it didn't work,i need to unlock the folder but without removeing the program,so any ideas?

thanks!!!!!!`

Im not THAT naive when it comes to it, but i dont know about 'folder lock' is this a Windows locking system? i am only familiar with winrar.

yeah most hiding or locking privacy software can be opened via winrar, one of the apps that completely shield it from winrar too is iLock but i wouldnt say its entirely bug free so use with caution

Just open the folder using WINRAR software.

its impossible to crack Folder Locks password,I've tried ,many recovery and cracking software including winrar but they all were useless,Folder Lock is a good security software.

it depends, with folder lock there are three levels of security

lock
scramble
encrypt

lock simply hides the folder, you can still access the folder if you have show hidden files and folders enabled

scramble scrambles the file, i believe it splits the file somewhere around the middle and mixes the first and last halves

encrypt is almost unbreakable, depending on your password, it encrypts your file using an algorithm, in which it inserts your password) so that not even folder lock knows your password, folder lock takes the password given to it and attampts to unlock the folder, if it can read a special file inside the folder, its unlocked, if it cannot read the file inside the folder it reverts and tells you you got the wrong password

oooh...thanks for the tip.. my sister has this secret folder and im dying to take a peek! :P

when i lock our folder my folder is delete in my files
how i open my folder in folder lock
plz help me

after re-install my PC ,when i open folders protect “USB lock AP” software ,error is display “This folder can only accesed by its owner while inside the PC in was protected”.Who can give me to solution

I am using folder lock 1.0.3 on Windows 7 & has no password.Please help ur above technique didnt work for me.gaurav2july@gmail.com

I don't know about newer versions of folder lock, but older versions relied on a rootkit. As such, folders were hidden only when accessing them from that machine and that OS. Folders and files were available if accessed from another machine (on the network) or by booting another OS such as a Linux liveCD.

i have locked the folder containing folder lock software and now its not opening , mean it doesnt ask me the password even which i do remember. any one out there who can help me

I don't know if this is still the case, but Folder Lock used to use RootKit technology to hide folders. As such there were (at least) three ways to recover a locked folder:

1. use a tool to remove the rootkit
  2. share the drive and access it through the network from another machine
  3. remove the drive and mount it as an external drive on another machine
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.