Hello,

I have an windows2000 server and 2 windows xp clients. One of those clients (a laptop ) can not be reached, ping is not possible. The other way
around from the laptop, i can ping to the server and the other client. I have tried to setup a home network with windows xp and everything seems ok. [IMG]http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/images/smiles/frown.gif[/IMG]

Who can help me out here?

Thnx!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

one problem would be there is misconfigured ip, try to chek the ip of your laptop and make sure the right info. is there.

All computers are connected to a wireless router all with wireless connections. I can connect to internet with all computers. Everything looks ok when i check with ipconfig, different ip numbers and same subnetmask and same gateway. Where could the problem be ?

:-|

Have you totally disabled all firewall software on all machines while performing your troubleshooting? If you can't even ping a machine, it's often a question of blocking by a firewall.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.