Hi there guys, how the hell i am able to create a UNIX window, I mean i am pissed off from that console, and how can I use GTK ?

Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Okay, but I am having trouble with installing the libs, can you tell me what libs i should install and from where, because those in this "documentation" are not included into software center ?!

Thanks in advance!

That topic you shared with me, I have the same problem i installed those libs and still telling me that he cant find gtk ...

That topic you shared with me, I have the same problem i installed those libs and still telling me that he cant find gtk ...

You'll have to give us more info..What distro are you running and what can't find GTK+?

I use UBUNTU 10.10

[IMG]http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5948/screenshotxq.png[/IMG]

Well it should be a matter of downloading the proper package and then using the proper esoteric compile line like

gcc -Wall -g helloworld.c -o helloworld `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

Please note that it uses back tips ` not single quotes '...Back ticks are located on the upper left side of your key board.

Thanks and again i get:

westony@DeltaCore:~/Desktop$ gcc -Wall -g testing.c -o helloworld `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
/tmp/ccUQ0wpm.o: In function `main':
/home/westony/Desktop/testing.c:8: undefined reference to `gtk_init'
/home/westony/Desktop/testing.c:10: undefined reference to `gtk_window_new'
/home/westony/Desktop/testing.c:11: undefined reference to `gtk_widget_show'
/home/westony/Desktop/testing.c:13: undefined reference to `gtk_main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
westony@DeltaCore:~/Desktop$

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.