I'm am creating a "pop-up" CheckedListBox over a button on my DataGridView. The values in the list are going to be filtered based on the value in column 0 of the DataGridView.

I have already pulled in a "master" DataTable with two columns: ACODE and MATRIX.

I want to call the following function and return an array of strings that I can use to build this CheckedListBox with. The line between "For Each r" and "Next" generates a "Number of indices is less than the number of dimensions of the indexed array". The number of items is variable in the array so I can't predefined it. I know I'm going down the wrong path.

Private Function StudyGroupSamples(ByVal sampleType As String) As String()
        Dim thisArray() As String

Dim theseRows() As DataRow
        Debug.Print(sampleType + vbNewLine)
        theseRows = ds.Tables("AnalysesForSampleTypes").Select("MATRIX = '" + sampleType + "'")

For Each dr As DataRow In theseRows
            thisArray().Add(dr.Item("ACODE").ToString)
        Next

End Function

I'm willing to scrap this code. What can I do to get the array of one column in the DataRows collection into my CheckedListBox?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

try to remove the () after thisArray like

thisArray.Add(dr.Item("ACODE").ToString)

Hope this helps

Sorry, I should point out that the Add method was not available, just showing Pseudocode of what I thought would work....

I ended up exploring further and used List(of String) instead. That was suitable as the CheckListBox took it as a valid source.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.