The New Wave Computer Company sells its product, the NW-PC for $675. In addition, they sell memory expansion cards for $69.95, disk drives for $198.50, and software for $34.98 each. Given the number of memory cards, disk drives, and software packages desired by a customer purchasing a NW-PC, print out a bill of sale that appears as follows:

NEW WAVE COMPUTERS
ITEM                        cost
1    NW-PC                  $675.00
2    MEMORY CARD            $139.90 
1    DISK DRIVE             $198.50
4    SOFTWARE               $139.92
              -----------

TOTAL                       $1153.32

This is what I have so far but how do I promp the computer to show the cin inut value of each item like the ones on the left (1,2,1,4 etc)...I say my program is roughly 90% complete but im stuck on the last little bit. I also dont understand why the code text is not showing up in the different colors that its supposed to (red, orange, green etc) for simplicity purposes. I copied and pasted this from the main.cpp file from off of Xcode. sorry for the inconvenience and thnx for the response

#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>
#include <fstream>
#include <iomanip>

using namespace std;

const float NW_PC = 675;
const float MEMORY_CARD = 139.90;
const float DISC_DRIVE = 198.50;
const float SOFTWARE = 139.92;

int main () 
{
    double PC;
    double mem_CARD;
    double disc_DRIVE;
    double soft_WARE;
    double bill_TOTAL;
    //double input;

cout << setw(5)<<fixed<<showpoint;

cout <<"Enter the number of PC needed :" <<endl;
    cin >> PC;

cout <<"Enter the number of Memory Card needed :" <<endl;
    cin >> mem_CARD;

cout <<"Enter the number of Disc Drive needed :" <<endl;
    cin >> disc_DRIVE;

cout <<"Enter the number of Software needed :" <<endl;
    cin >> soft_WARE;

bill_TOTAL = ((PC*NW_PC) + (mem_CARD + MEMORY_CARD) + (disc_DRIVE + DISC_DRIVE) + (soft_WARE + SOFTWARE));

cout << bill_TOTAL;

cin.get();
    return 0;

}

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. PC, mem_CARD, soft_WARE, and disk_DRIVE should be an int, not double because you can't by a fraction of those items, whole numbers only. Use the data type that is appropriate for the thing you want it to represent.

mem_CARD + MEMORY_CARD

You need to multiply those numbers, not add them. * multiplies

I also dont understand why the code text is not showing up in the different colors that its supposed

Each editor has its own way to color-code c++ text, don't expect all editors to look like Turbo C

thanx for the help, besides the basic confusion between the multiple sign and plus sign i think i got it figured out, program has to read from file and output to file, I used this program above as a template and changed the input from cin>> input to ins>>input and it works. thanx for the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.