Hi all,

When RUN the Project that erros apears :

"Application.java": cannot find symbol; symbol : class FirstWorld, location: class Application at line 3, column 7

"Application.java": cannot find symbol; symbol : class FirstWorld, location: class Application at line 3, column 30

Please help me ..

Thanks..:)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Classpath. Check the projects library path (not build path), or execute from the command line using the -cp option.

Classpath. Check the projects library path (not build path), or execute from the command line using the -cp option.

Thanks..

But I don't know How can check the projects library path and execute from the command line using the -cp option..

Please can you tell me?

Well, if you don't know how to do it from the command line, you shouldn't be using an IDE yet. And, that you didn't know that this had to do with the classpath, is another good indication that you shouldn't be using an IDE, yet.

Go to this page (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/index.html) and do the tutorials there, starting from "Getting Started" down through "Deployment".

As far as setting the library path (which is how most IDEs refer to the classpath when it comes to executing, they refer to the classpath as the buildpath when it refers to compiling), I assume your IDE came with some documentation?

commented: agreed +3

Powerfull tutorials..

Thanks MR..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.