Hi, basically i want to parse an image of a small FAT SD memory card that i have aqquired to display its directory structure. Ive tried scowering the web for some information or resources to study but i cn't find anything. Does anyone know of any info available to allow me to make a start? ....books...websites

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When you say "image", you're referring to a copy of all the sectors of information stored in the memory card right?

And not reciting the tale of someone told to make a copy of the floppy disk by putting it on the photocopier :)

And not reciting the tale of someone told to make a copy of the floppy disk by putting it on the photocopier :)

I tried this lol, but it didnt hav the effect i was after :P

Yer i have an complete image of the device of which i would like to parse

thanks for the URL, ive had a read and i think im understanding things now. From my image file i take it that i need to stream the correct sized sections of the FAT in order to rebuild the image. However this is where im kind of "wondering" what on earth happens next. Once i have streamed the sections, what do i do with them to start displaying the structure??? Does anyone have any articles on this that i could read on this stage of the process?

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.