Greetings All,

I have a brain fart. I am trying to print the first and second number in the array which is [0] and [1]. I have the for loop going through each element in the array integersCount[] so I can find those positions. But do I need an if statement to find that position? Or can I just do a System.out.println(Arrays.toString[0]) and System.out.println(Arrays.toString[1])? This is just my static method(last piece of the code)to print out just those positions from the integersCount[] array for this particular class. Any suggestions possibly?

public static void SmallestDelta(int[] integersCount)
   {
      for(int i = 0; i < integersCount.length; i++  )
      {

if
        {

}

}

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Use
System.out.println(integersCount[i]);

Regards,
Emil Olofsson

If those are the only ones you want to print, then you don't need a loop. Using two println statements will work fine.
The items to be printed don't look right. You should be using the name of your array, not Arrays.toString

That will just print the first element out of the array and exit the for loop right? I need to print both the 0 AND 1 position of the array. Would this work or would it only compare the data that is stored in the variable memory for i and not the array position?

if(integersCount[i] == 0)
{
System.out.println(integersCount[i]);
}

Ah okay I think this is right then...let me try this:

public static void SmallestDistance(int[] integersCount)
   {
      System.out.println(integersCount[0]);
      System.out.println(integersCount[1]);

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.