I'm using IE6, FireFox. After deleting some cookies and cache, my broadband connection will auctomatically cause my PC to shutdown after disconnecting.

The most is that I can connect and disconnect to the web for 2 times after which the "Networking PC" icon will automatically disappear from the taskbar and the PC will then shut down.

I find this very strange. Have used Spyware Doctor and cannot detect any trojan or spyware.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Yes I do have ideas :D! Download Microsoft Anti-spyware! I have a feeling I'll be saying this a lot. If you don't like microsoft get Spybot and Adaware. They work well in conjunction, but MS Anti-Spyware owns them :D. It's not your broadband connection, it wasn't from deleting your cookies or cache either. I suppose I could be incorrect in that regard, but I doubt it. Deleting your cookies is generally a good idea (gets rid of tracking cookies and such) most antispyware programs will do that for you though. Anyway you also want to get some virus protection and a firewall. Zone Alarm has a nice, free firewall. You can also find some online virus scanners such as housecall.antivirus.com. You must be protected on all fronts!

1)Get Microsoft Anti-spyware
2)Update Microsoft Anti-spyware
3)Run it
4)Get Zone Alarm Firewall
5)Get some anti-virus software
6)Go to housecall.antivirus.com
7)Run a virus scan or virus/spyware scan.
8)Don't forget to update Firefox (if you forgot)
9)Be Happy

Hope this helps

p.s. Sweet Clementine bah! bah! bah! Thats a song... nevermind *runs away*

Shane McP

Thanks Shane! You're such a sweetheart! :) I will try anything to stop this annoying shutdown. I have downloaded Spyware Blaster. Will see how it works.

Yes I do have ideas :D! Download Microsoft Anti-spyware! I have a feeling I'll be saying this a lot. If you don't like microsoft get Spybot and Adaware. They work well in conjunction, but MS Anti-Spyware owns them :D. It's not your broadband connection, it wasn't from deleting your cookies or cache either. I suppose I could be incorrect in that regard, but I doubt it. Deleting your cookies is generally a good idea (gets rid of tracking cookies and such) most antispyware programs will do that for you though. Anyway you also want to get some virus protection and a firewall. Zone Alarm has a nice, free firewall. You can also find some online virus scanners such as housecall.antivirus.com. You must be protected on all fronts!

1)Get Microsoft Anti-spyware
2)Update Microsoft Anti-spyware
3)Run it
4)Get Zone Alarm Firewall
5)Get some anti-virus software
6)Go to housecall.antivirus.com
7)Run a virus scan or virus/spyware scan.
8)Don't forget to update Firefox (if you forgot)
9)Be Happy

Hope this helps

p.s. Sweet Clementine bah! bah! bah! Thats a song... nevermind *runs away*

Shane McP

I've never used spyware blaster, but it if works, it works!

Good luck!

ShaneMcP

Hooray!!! It worked liked a charm!

Thanks for suggesting the available options! :lol:

I've never used spyware blaster, but it if works, it works!

Good luck!

ShaneMcP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.