I'm having trouble playing a video game online using the xbox 360. Here is my current setup:

-Router=BEFW11S4 (V4)
-Modem=Speedstream 5200
-Wireless Gaming Adapter=Linksys WGA45AG

Modem connected To Router Internet Port=Computer one connected to Router port 3. Router is providing wireless internet access to computers 2,3, and XBox 360.

I'm able to log onto Xbox Live without any problem whatsoever but I can't seem to play online games (Call Of Duty 3). I constantly get an error message saying "Cannot Connect To All Players" It does however work when I connect the Xbox 360 directly to the modem. I've tried forwarding ports, setting the Xbox 360 into the DMZ Zone, and using UPNP...Nothing seems to work!!! Plus the Nat shows up as (Strict) when the Xbox is connected via the router---(Open) when connected to the modem.

So my question is, is there any way to get rid of the router and buy a switch in order to share the connection between 3 PC's and the Xbox360??? Something in the Router is setting NAT to strict.

-Router is using latest firmware
-Port Forwarding has been attempted (Failure)
-DMZ'ing has been attempted (Failure)
-Static IP address has been set (Failure)
-UPNP (Failure)
-Direct Connection To Modem (Success)

I was getting a simular error a while back, I didn't have exactly the same set up as you as I wasn't connect to the 360 wirelessly.... My bet is this is a firmware issue. But even the latest version hasn't fixed it.

Call Linksys: (800) 326-7114
Or
MS: 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Good luck.

Both customer supports are pretty good.

I finally found a fix for the problem. If you tell me what your current setup is, I may be able to provide some assistance. What I did was turn my router (Wireless) into a switch. I accomplished this by turning off DHCP on the router and giving it a new local IP address, then I went ahead and set the modem (Also a router) to the new DHCP server. That solved my problem, thank goodness. *Knock On Wood* Message me if you need some help.

Later,
Mike

I finally found a fix for the problem. If you tell me what your current setup is, I may be able to provide some assistance. What I did was turn my router (Wireless) into a switch. I accomplished this by turning off DHCP on the router and giving it a new local IP address, then I went ahead and set the modem (Also a router) to the new DHCP server. That solved my problem, thank goodness. *Knock On Wood* Message me if you need some help.

Later,
Mike

Good job! I'm good though there was finally some firmware that cured my problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.