What does putting someone on your 'ignore list' do, exactly?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I believe it just doesn't show you their posts anymore, but don't quote me on that.

commented: lol +2

It hides the content of posts (which you can see by clicking a link), but not the fact that a post was made. I don't believe it blocks PMs or rep. All in all, I think the ignore feature is worthless. You're basically hiding posts when if you really have a problem with a person, you should be taking it up with them, or in the case that they break the rules, the administration.

I guess it's just a lazy way to ignore your personal problems, but that's just my opinion. I never felt easy just ignoring posts from a person that I could have dealt with in a better way.

All in all, I think the ignore feature is worthless. You're basically hiding posts when if you really have a problem with a person, you should be taking it up with them, or in the case that they break the rules, the administration.

Take a look at the member my link aims at. Then take a look at his recent posts. I'm sure you'll understand.

Take a look at the member my link aims at. Then take a look at his recent posts. I'm sure you'll understand.

Haha, I definitely caught it, and all I can say is that I've ignored him as well.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.