I'm sure i fit one of the definitions of 'GEEK' so I'm almost ashamed to admit I can't open the plasic package that my brand new Outlook 2007 came in today. I'm sure i could break it but there must be a secret to it. It seems to have a hinge and some tabs but none move readily. Don't laught, just tell me what to do. :-) ...Sonny

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jwenting

I'm sure i fit one of the definitions of 'GEEK' so I'm almost ashamed to admit I can't open the plasic package that my brand new Outlook 2007 came in today. I'm sure i could break it but there must be a secret to it. It seems to have a hinge and some tabs but none move readily. Don't laught, just tell me what to do. :-) ...Sonny

Once you get past the seal, pull on the red tab (the inside pivots on a hinge at the front bottom). I hope you did not have to break anything to get in. the entire MS Office line is all nearly identical. I worked in their gratuity section handing out freebies - I was glad I had a scanner as a check on my visual acuity.

One day I gave out US$27,000 worth of software - a personal best
Here is what I am talking about Usability studies. MS will give you free software if you tell them what you think of them (so to speak).

I wish I'd known about that Usability Studies link when I bought Vista os because I would have like to have given M$ a piece of my mind about that stupid packaging too. It took awhile for me to figure out how to open the damed thing too. Its terrible.

Yikes, how easy! Thanks GrimJack! The package says something about not damaging the 'label' so I was careful not to mess with that! Ifm they had only called it a "seal"...! Anyway , I'm ready to instal now. BTW, it's really a nice paclage.

I can't open it either. This is bizarre!
(of course, the red tab just tore right off without affecting anything...)
Office Pro '07

Mark

anyone with the intelligence to use the product will figure out rapidly how to open the box.
Thus the box becomes a test to determine whether the product is appropriate for you.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.