I'm in the middle of developing a website and i always track uses to my site even in development, and i looked through the tracking and i notice under 'PageVisited' (Which is the page the user goes to on my site) and it said on one record 'http://www.baidu.com/' which is Chinese... and not in any way, shape or form related to my site.
Obviously my site is available on my external IP for users to test but i'm just so confused as to why it said someone visited a Chinese site, on my UK site... Also, no referral link was tracked for this visit.

Any ideas what might have gone on here???

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

have you checked your site for malicious code inserted by unknown butt head?redirects are hacked into sites all day long looks like you got tagged.Later---

I'd say innocent until proven guilty, anyone who can read Chinese visits Baidu, it's like the google of China. So it's not uncommon to find it in your logs.

Ofcourse I could be wrong...

Sorry , i'm new and I can't seem to delete this message...

Quote From Logicbug >Sorry , i'm new and I can't seem to delete this message... <
Sorry the delete section doesn't belong to regular Posters, Only thing we can do is edit post in first 30min after posting then that button disappears. Later---

Also Monster said,no referral link was tracked for this visit.

Baidu is a very popular Chinese search engine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.