Sorry all, this is probably an asked question already, but can't seem to find it.
I have designed and uploaded a website for a company.
Static pages (3) with a simple form using php to direct the form to one of the companies e-mails.
I now need a members log-in on their website. I want to use mysql and php to do this. Do i need anything in particular with the hosting company I used for my client to be able to put a mysql database on their server?
It will take me a few days to get round the actual coding but at the moment all I'm looking to do is a simple log-in which sends an e-mail to the supplied email address which in turn takes them back to the log-in page via a link.
So my question is how do I get the mysql database to work on my clients hosting server? Do I need to buy a different hosting package?

Sorry about last post, I answered myself with some reading.
I managed to get to the hosting package which inclues database hosting using MySQL or MS SQL.
The button add a new database is there.
I can see 5 headings.
Database Name, Server Name, IP Address, Users, Type.
What exactly do I put in the headings?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.