Like a lot of people here I'm fairly new at using Java and I'm having difficulties using equals (==) statements. I need need to use the if statement to say "Do you have any data to enter?", if (input == "yes") then continue with the loop.

obviously this doesn't work and I've tried using String, char, linking either to an int value and then to the if but without any luck. I'm aware most will simply tell me they're not here to do my homework and I agree. I simply need someone to point me in the right direction (website, example, anything). Also arrays are off limits for this assignment; any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*Edit* um yeah, thanks to anyone for taking the time to read this post but after 6 hours of searching the web I found out how to do it.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Like a lot of people here I'm fairly new at using Java and I'm having difficulties using equals (==) statements. I need need to use the if statement to say "Do you have any data to enter?", if (input == "yes") then continue with the loop.

obviously this doesn't work and I've tried using String, char, linking either to an int value and then to the if but without any luck. I'm aware most will simply tell me they're not here to do my homework and I agree. I simply need someone to point me in the right direction (website, example, anything). Also arrays are off limits for this assignment; any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

*Edit* um yeah, thanks to anyone for taking the time to read this post but after 6 hours of searching the web I found out how to do it.

What you could have done is marked the thread as solved, that way everyone would know it was solved and would not read the whole thing. Or, if you really wanted to be helpful you could have put the edit at the top of your post, instead of at the bottom.

commented: =P +4

What you could have done is marked the thread as solved, that way everyone would know it was solved and would not read the whole thing. Or, if you really wanted to be helpful you could have put the edit at the top of your post, instead of at the bottom.

True, I apologize for the poor placement of my Edit.

This is a horribly newbish question but how do you mark a topic as solved? I tried looking for the option to do so but was unable to find it.

It's actually a pretty common question. At the bottom of the thread, where the reply box is, there is a large yellow button "Reply to Thread". Next to that button there is a link that says, "Mark as Solved" Click it and then voila, the thread is now solved.

It's actually a pretty common question. At the bottom of the thread, where the reply box is, there is a large yellow button "Reply to Thread". Next to that button there is a link that says, "Mark as Solved" Click it and then voila, the thread is now solved.

...wow, in my defense I had a very long couple of days. Anyways thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.