I need start up function that will make registry entries and make my .exe app start with the windows start up.Where can I find code for such function?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Put it in the list of startup applications on installation.

like I said I want to make function that does it.

And one more question:

How I'm going to test this while compiling and debugging,it's going to make registry entry each time I run it and mess my registry completely?

like I said I want to make function that does it.

google is your friend

How I'm going to test this while compiling and debugging,it's going to make registry entry each time I run it and mess my registry completely?

That's indeed a possibility. Perhaps you can write an extra function in tour program for debugging purpose that deletes the created keys on program exit/start ?

That's indeed a possibility. Perhaps you can write an extra function in tour program for debugging purpose that deletes the created keys on program exit/start ?

Is this the only option?

You could manually change them back?

You could test your program on a Virtual Machine. If it messes something, you should be able to just start up a new machine image. My IT consultant does it all the time. Don't ask me how.

how about I make that registry back up file .reg or something?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.