Hi
Would anyone know if there is a book explaining all the various C++ Libraries and what features they encapsulate?

I'm thinking in terms of, for example: iostream -- then a list of features and functions in iostream etc.

Could anyone suggest any books or good reference material for this kind of thing?

Thanks very much.
danny2000

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi
Would anyone know if there is a book explaining all the various C++ Libraries and what features they encapsulate?

I'm thinking in terms of, for example: iostream -- then a list of features and functions in iostream etc.

Could anyone suggest any books or good reference material for this kind of thing?

Thanks very much.
danny2000

Well there actually countless libraries out there but i gather that you are referring to the C++ standard library. Here is the list....:)
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/

I'm just getting started with C++ myself. I've found The C++ Programming Lanuguage, Third edition, Bjarne Stroutstrup to have a good description of the Standard Library.

Brilliant. Thanks very much for all the help.
Cheers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.