Hi All,
I am trying to help my family stop sucking at managing their available funds and have a "true" available amount so they are up to date at all times on their available funds.

Is it possible to get the list of pending charges for any given user for their given bank, as long as all of the information is known?

I am trying to write a windows app that will run on given users machine and anytime a charge hits their bank account, have some type of event that will notify them of their "true" available balance.

Is this something I can do without having to get some type of authorization from the bank? I don't want to do anything except query the information. I don't need to to do any type of updating to the accounts.

Am I getting in over my head doing this? I have about 3 years of .net experience, and i am pretty good at following tutorials if anyone has a clue on where i could start, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi All,
I am trying to help my family stop sucking at managing their available funds and have a "true" available amount so they are up to date at all times on their available funds.

Is it possible to get the list of pending charges for any given user for their given bank, as long as all of the information is known?

I am trying to write a windows app that will run on given users machine and anytime a charge hits their bank account, have some type of event that will notify them of their "true" available balance.

Is this something I can do without having to get some type of authorization from the bank? I don't want to do anything except query the information. I don't need to to do any type of updating to the accounts.

Am I getting in over my head doing this? I have about 3 years of .net experience, and i am pretty good at following tutorials if anyone has a clue on where i could start, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well you might be able to do that using a web client. You'll have to upload the values to the bank's site, download the result and dig through the html to get the information you need. But I'm not sure if that's legal and chances are that your bank's website has CAPTCHA.
Otherwise it depends entirely on the bank. Unless you bank has an API for retrieving their data :-/, I don't see how you'll do it.

If I were to be doing this, I would simply extract the data from the HTML.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.