Hi,

I'm new to this site so quite unfamiliar with how things work....

I have recently begun learning about C# and the .Net framework. As a java programmer, I found C# a good basis to start on. I wanted to change a lot of my existing code from Java to C#, and was told that the Java Language Conversion Assistant (JLCA) was a good place to start. I successfully changed over a lot of my code, however, I came across a problem with one part. The error I am getting is:

"java.lang.ThreadGroup could not be converted"

And it then tells me that "In the .NET Framework, there is no direct equivalent."

When trying to compile this code, I receive the error:

"The type or namespace name 'ThreadGroup' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

Would anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to solve this problem? I have tried various methods but have yet to come across a successful one....

Thanks a million :rolleyes:

-C

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

well if your working under .net frame work you can see that it has the J# language, it also have an itermediate language which is higher level than assembly, it might be helpful looking at it and its not that difficult if you concentrate a bit ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.